Too Shy About Your Gums? Try Gum Reduction in Aurora!
An overly large gum line affects your smile, which results to lower self-esteem. Since your gums frame the outline of your teeth, your smile may appear uneven. There is good news, though: gum reduction in Aurora can help make your gums look more attractive. Here are things you should know about this fantastic cosmetic procedure.
How does gum contouring work?
Gum contouring procedure or gum reduction helps improve the appearance of your smile. Besides its cosmetic purposes, dentists can use it in other periodontal procedures. As part of the procedure, your dentist will draw new gum lines around your teeth. Using a scalpel and laser, they will perform the surgery. Before the process, you will be given local anesthesia to numb the affected areas.
Who is qualified for the procedure?
People who have gummy smiles can benefit from this dental treatment. A gummy smile is a result of excessive gum tissues and the position of the jaw. Here are other problems which gum reduction can fix :
- Teeth that are shorter than usual
- Gums that protrude
- Uneven gum lines
- Gums with discolouration
If you consider this procedure, talk to your Aurora dentist to provide you with the best options for your gums.
Tips for recovery
There is a common question people have regarding this treatment: Is gum contouring painful? It depends on how much your dentist reshaped your gums. If you feel discomfort and pain after, they will give you pain relievers. You can take note of the following tips to help you recover quickly after your surgery.
- Since it will take weeks for your gums to heal fully, you should avoid physically demanding activities. Take a rest for your body to fully recover.
- Eat foods that are soft and avoid foods that are spicy since they will irritate your gums.
- Brush your teeth based on the recommended instructions of your Aurora dentist.
- During your recovery period, use a saltwater solution to rinse your mouth.
Keep in Touch with Us
——— Book an appointment with us now!